5 Reasons Why Your Blog Traffic Is Declining And Their Remedies

     Are you noticing that your blog traffic has come to a stand still or even worse,declining day by day?There can be various reasons why this happens.Find out why below.There are several remedies as well which I will post soon.


1.Google Algorithm Change

             Many blogs see the way that they are ranked by Google (and other search engines) rise and fall over the years.This happens due to minor changes made by Google in their algorithm.(not Panda or Penguin effects)

           Darren Rowse from ProBlogger  has given a personal example as cited below.

A Personal Example – Back in 2004 (just before Christmas) I woke up one day to find that my main blog at that time had all but disappeared from Google. I’d not done anything to the blog that wasn’t allowed by Google and hadn’t made any major changes to the site – I just disappeared. My heart sank (actually I felt quite sick) because that blog was the main source of income from my blogging and 75% of my traffic had vanished.

The lull in traffic lasted about 6 weeks before it magically reappeared. In that time I got myself another job and diversified my blogging and learned a lot. 

       See?If this can happen to such a great blogger,then it can easily happen to you too.Don't lose hope.Abide by Google's guidelines and your blog traffic will revive.

2.Panda & Penguin Effect

              The Panda and Penguin effects are occasional major changes that Google makes to their algorithms.
                What they tend to do is that alter the rankings of low quality sites and move them down the list.But,often it happens that branded sites are also affected.

           In order to prevent this from,happening to your blog,follow this post.

Further Reading:Find out who your main competitors are by reading this post
                              How to know about your competitor's website

3.Poor quality content

             This reason is probably the most difficult for a newbie blogger to understand.

                             This one can be a little difficult to understand and might take you getting someomne else's critique or feedback (sometimes it’s hard to be objective about something you’ve put so much work into)
                        As I look back on my own blogging I know there have been definite times where traffic has suffered when I’ve struggled for inspiration as a blogger and where this has impacted the quality of what I was able to write.
      
            Therefore,put more effort to posting good quality content,since that what your readers love(and so does Google!).

4.Posting frequency

                    This is a very important reason for declining traffic,especially for newbie bloggers.Posting frequency can really make your traffic fluctuate.

             I am telling this from my personal experience.When I first started my blog,I used to write poor quality short articles covering new smartphone releases,news etc.The result was that I used to get traffic,no doubt about that but they were not long-lasting.Thats when I started constructing proper original posts to make my traffic constant.(As an example,my post about Nikon 1v2 ranks first on Google and brings me lots of traffic)

             But if your blog is new and you suddenly decrease your posting frequency.then you are bound to get less number of visitors.Therefore I suggest you to keep your posting frequency constant.

5.Specific Niche

                This is also an important factor why your traffic is declining.It can happen that a particular worldwide event has occurred recently and your site is ranking in the top 5 in Google for this search term.

                     Lets take an example.Right now,the Nokia lumia 620 is a "hot" phone.Since it hasn't yet released,people are searching for it constantly.And since my blog.Techno World is ranking pretty high for this term,I am getting loads of traffic from this term.But,I know that this can't last forever.

           You should also keep this in mind.Try to take full advantage of this time by maximising your followers.

      affiliate marketing These are the main reasons why your blog traffic may be declining.Stay tuned as I will soon post their remedies.

RECOMMENDED FOR YOU

0 comments:

Post a Comment